Spring has sprung, and summer is almost here! The sun shouldn’t be the only thing shining bright this season. Your smile is a great feature to show off to friends, family, coworkers, social media, a date and everyone else! Need help to show off your smile confidently? Our team can help you achieve the look you desire.
The American Dental Association (ADA) found in a study that 28-29% of the people they surveyed said the appearance of their mouth and teeth affected their abilities to effectively interview for a job. In the same study, one in four adults (and 35% of young adults) said they avoid smiling because they are unhappy with their mouth and teeth, and one in five adults (and 33% of young adults) said they experience anxiety when it comes to showing off their smile.
A few insecurities people typically feel about their teeth include gaps, crookedness, discoloration (yellowing) and chips in the teeth. With modern technology and encouragement from all of us here, you have options to create a smile to be proud of and show off to the world. Some treatment options include the following:
– Teeth Whitening: Do you have yellowing teeth or want your teeth to have a brighter shine? Professional teeth whitening can help you achieve the desired whiteness that will last longer than an over-the-counter option.
– Chip Repair: Dental veneers and dental crowns are both options to repair that chip or crack in your tooth.
– Orthodontic Treatment: Orthodontics not only improve your look by straightening your teeth but can benefit you healthwise. The better alignment of your teeth allows more secure gums and correct jaw alignment as well as better speech and chewing. A popular option is clear aligners for those who don’t want to wear metal braces.
– Dental Implant: Missing tooth? You can fill in the space with an implant, which not only helps your smile aesthetically but also improves your oral health.
Be sure to take care of your smile as well with the following tips:
– Dental Care:Brush twice a day, floss once a day, use mouthwash to get rid of bacteria and avoid smoking or using tobacco.
– Eat Healthy and Drink Lots of Water: By eating right and drinking water, you can help your teeth get the needed nutrients they need to be strong. Drinking water throughout the day helps flush out food particles that lead to unwanted bacteria.
– Visit the Dentist: Be sure to visit your dentist twice a year to get a dental cleaning and exam. We check for cavities and any signs of oral cancer.
– Mouthguards: If you are playing a contact sport or doing something that may cause a fall, be sure to wear a mouthguard to protect your teeth from chips or losing a tooth.
If you’re having trouble being confident with your teeth and mouth, give our office a call. Our team will be happy to help you find the answers to a better smile and the look you want. It’s time to be confident in your healthy smile! Schedule a consultation today, so we can answer any questions you may have about treatments. We look forward to seeing you soon!
Dental crowns are one of the most common and great solutions for any kind of dental issues. Crowns ...
A dental implant is a restorative appliance used to replace missing teeth. A metallic structure, such as a ...
Headaches and migraines may affect your everyday life in several ways, and if the cause is unknown, then ...
If you have gum disease or other oral infections and as a result, your gums begin to recede, ...
Propel is a new tool for orthodontics. Several practices are now wanting to use the Propel technology as ...