Do you ever feel worried or overly cautious about visiting the dentist? Do the sounds of dental tools or the thought of somebody working on your teeth and gums scare you? Although this is a quite common condition known as dental anxiety, there are numerous treatment options to help ease any stress you may feel. In addition, sedatives and local anesthetics can be given to help alleviate any symptoms of stress and pain that may be associated with oral health care. Facts about dental anxiety includes the following:
– Do you know that calming and relaxing music has been proven to be extremely beneficial for treating dental anxiety?
– Are you aware that if you experience any fears about visiting your dentist due to pain, sedatives can be given to ensure your procedure is pain-free?
– Have you heard that stress relieving objects such as fidget spinners and squeeze balls have been showing to be effective for treating dental anxiety?
– Do you know that by practicing effective meditative patterns and techniques, you can help minimize the risk of dental anxiety?
– Are you aware that the unknown is often a contributor to many forms of anxiety, so always speak with your dentist about any questions and concerns you may have?
– Have you heard that you can minimize dental anxiety by trying to picture yourself in your happy place, such as at the beach or a relaxing garden?
No matter which dental anxiety treatment you desire, Dr. Glenn Ong-Veloso and Dr. Joy Helou at Glenn Dental will care for your smile with superb oral health care treatments. To book an oral exam, routine checkup, or professional cleaning at our dentist office in Apple Valley, California, please contact us at 760-284-3060.